Workshops that focus on personal leadership and empowerment for a purposeful, joyful and meaningful life and work.
Every module is designed to be:
- Interactive – to encourage greater engagement, impact and retention.
- Practical – to ensure the personal leadership competencies are relevant and applicable into the workplace.
- Action oriented – to effectively follow through and sustain the application of the newly acquired or relearned competencies.
Every module lasts for 3.5 hours, including:
- Opening and Trainer’s Lecture (2 hours, inclusive of interactive training tools and methods)
- Class or Group Exercise and Debrief (1 hour)
- Break (15 mins)
- Personal Action Planning and Closing Activities (15 minutes)
- Every module has 3 key learning outcomes.
- Every participant will receive a participant’s guide, activity workbook and accountability action plan.
- Every participant is expected to have key takeaways written in his/her accountability personal action plan, which may be used for follow-through in post-workshop activities, e.g. coaching, mentoring.
FOUNDATIONAL LEADERSHIP MODULES
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES
DEVELOPING EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE
- Define what is emotional intelligence (EI).
- Assess one’s self using the 5 competencies of EI: self-awareness, self- management/control, motivation, empathy and relationship/social skills.
- Understand emotions and its triggers, and from there learn how to express them effectively.
- Learn to apply a simple yet proven process to continuously become more emotionally intelligent.
MANAGING TIME AND PRIORITIES EFFECTIVELY
- To understand the important characteristics of time and what time management is all about.
- To appreciate the benefits of effective time management.
- To learn a time management tool: The Time Management Matrix.
- To understand and apply balancing of roles by prioritizing the “big rocks”.
MANAGING STRESS AND LIVING A BALANCED LIFE
- To understand what is stress and how it works.
- To identify the stress warning signs.
- To identify the needs that have to be considered to manage stress.
ENHANCING COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- To know and apply the appropriate communication method with co-workers, boss and customers.
- To know and apply how to give positive and negative feedback to others.
APPLYING ASSERTIVENESS SKILLS
- To understand and appreciate the importance of assertiveness skills.
- Apply assertiveness skills to situations that involve sharing ideas, negotiating or collaborating with others, and developing positive relationships, including customers, team members, colleagues and managers.
LEADING SELF THROUGH CHANGES
- Understand what is change all about.
- Change principles, process & journey.
- Deal with emotional responses during change process and increase readiness for change .
- Communicate about the change.
ADVANCED LEADERSHIP MODULES
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES
MANAGING AND LEADING CHANGE
- Understand what is change all about and not about.
- Know how to get people to align with the “why change” and the “how to ensure a successful change”.
- Learn to communicate a change through a clear and proven approach.
- Know what it takes to change from current to desired or future state.
- Plan for an effective change by understanding the phases of change, the elements of a change implementation plan, and the impact to stakeholders especially the emotional aspect.
ENHANCING CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS 1:
Analytical and Problem Solving
- Understand the importance and benefits of problem-solving.
- Learn different types of problems.
- Learn two strategies to solve complex problems.
- Apply a framework / tool to understand a complex problem.
ENHANCING CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS 2:
- Know and apply the appropriate decision-making method that is appropriate to the problem.
- Understand an approach to see the probable impact of the decision on the stakeholders.
- Manage decision-making risk by anticipating the outcomes.
MANAGING AND LEADING PEOPLE
This module will help develop people and performance management skills, as well as help build a performance-based and growth-driven organization.
- Understand the manager’s and leader’s roles in a performance-based and winning organization and culture.
- Develop critical communication skills as people leaders.
- Learn about and apply performance management frameworks & processes, including:
- SMART goal-setting
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Understand the power and principles of influencing, and how they may apply to managing stakeholders.
- Build and enhance relationships with stakeholders in your network, by having a clear influencing strategy and adopting a positive attitude.
- Know and apply the appropriate communication method with direct reports, co-workers, higher management and customers.
- Apply communication and collaboration skills to a situation that involve sharing ideas, negotiating or collaborating with others, and achieving a positive outcome.
OTHER AVAILABLE MODULES
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES
DEVELOPING COACHING LEADERSHIP STYLE
- Being a Coaching Leader-Manager in Today’s World
- Why is being a coaching manager / leader very important in today’s world?
- When to manage and when to coach: The balance of telling and asking
- Quick Look at Few Critical Coaching Skills
- Conversation: Listening and Inquiry
Explore, discuss, and experience our EMPOWER Programs! Send us a message to inquire or email us at [email protected].