The technical definition of Strategic Selling or Strategic Solution Selling:
Strategic Selling (or Strategic Solution Selling) is a more complex, long-term process involving collaboration of both customer and seller, in which the latter must first develop an understanding of the customer’s business, industry, and needs, and then craft a solution to help the customer achieve their objectives. This is usually service or solution-based.
Watch this testimonial from
Michael Castaneda, Sales Division Head of Eastern Telecommunications Philippines, Inc.
Journeying towards SALES Excellence
How does Strategic Solution Selling contrast from Transactional Selling?
A transactional sale is a simple, short-term sale in which the customer already knows what he needs, so little to no product knowledge is required on the sales side. Typically, these are product- rather than service-based. Buying criteria usually hinges on price or ease of acquisition.
The relevant questions then are:
- Why should an organization move from transactional to strategic selling?
- How can the organization get started?
- Embed ‘right’ Sales DNA, as defined by your Sales vision, mission, strategies and goals
- Build a commercial mindset
- Sell based on Customer business issues and needs
- Sell your business and solution value
- Develop Customer relationships built on value delivery
- Become highly consultative
- Become Sales Coach Managers
Connect with us now for an exploratory meeting to understand how your organization can get started and move to strategic solution selling!