Canon Business Process Services (CBPS), Inc. is a leading provider of business process services, document management and managed workforce services resources, delivered either onsite at client locations, as well as, at their U.S. and offshore business-processing centers.
CBPS engaged POWERinU once more last 9 and 16 October 2017 for a 2-day Basic Management Program, which catered to the managers ranging from first-time to experienced managers.
Last 2016, CBPS and POWERinU have already partnered for the Global Learning Program by CEGOS on Foundational Project Management blended (online and F2F) learning program, which generated excellent evaluations. The program was delivered by CEGOS’ expert trainer on project management, Arnold Chan, who flew in from Singapore.
This time, we delivered a customized training for CBPS using the base modules of POWERinU Singapore’s Taking Care of Business (TCOB) modules. Considering the inputs from the CBPS’ top leadership and from the training needs survey and analysis done prior to the program delivery, the 2-day program aimed to:
- review and ensure understanding and alignment of all CBPS managers with the mission, vision, values and management competencies, and contextualise and imbed into the day-to-day roles and responsibilities of the Canon manager
- strengthen personal leadership skills, including leading and managing change, managing emotions, applying emotional intelligence competencies, and effectively influencing stakeholders
- strengthen skills on managing people, including motivating and sustaining performance, and balancing people versus task-focused roles
- imbed the leadership and managerial competencies into the organizational culture
At the core of TCOB program modules was the training design and methodology, which considered the diversity of the CBPS participants – ranging from the Gen Ys to the Gen Xs, from the more technical to the more general managers, from new managers to more experienced, and the different types of challenges each one faced.
Personal action planning was done at every end of module to ensure key actions were noted for the post-training reinforcement and follow-up activities.
The senior trainers, Elaine Cercado, Benjie Garcia and Paulette Lirio, used relevant delivery styles to cater to the different learners – from the theorist to the activist, to the reflectors and pragmatist, from the visual to the auditory and kinaesthetic – for more impactful learning and longer retention.
The enthusiastic support and active involvement by the CBPS general manager and HR director, from the planning to the post-training activities, were likewise keys to the success of the training.
All these facilitated the high level of interest and engagement from the participants throughout the 2-day program, as evident from the feedbacks and evaluations:
- “Over-all I am fully satisfied with this training.” – 4.9 out of 5
- “I would recommend this training to colleagues” – 4.8 out of 5
- “I will be able to apply the skills and knowledge I have learned to my current job.” – 4.9 out of 5
- “Excellent Training! Kudos to POWERinU!” ~ Project manager
- “Very well planned. Very useful.” ~Helpdesk manager
- “Thank you! It was a very insightful training.” ~Accounting supervisor
Learn more about POWERinU’s Digital Learning Solutions and Taking Care of Business (TCOB) solutions.
Email us at [email protected].
You must log in to post a comment.